While I think it is important to enjoy your 20s as much as possible, some people don’t realize the pressure 20-something-year-olds tend to be under. What is this pressure, you may ask? Well, it is the pressure of having to reach every single life milestone before your 30s. And you wondered why turning 30 is such a nightmare for some people?
Your 20’s is when you become an adult. This means:
1. Getting and settling into a stable career that will pay enough to make a decent living for the rest of your life.
2. Finding and getting married to the love of your life.
3. Throwing a huge, expensive wedding to celebrate a well-timed marriage to the love of your life.
4. Having babies with love of your life.
5. Moving out of that dingy bachelor/bachelorette apartment into a decent home.
6. Becoming a homeowner.
7. Becoming a carowner.
8. Seeing all the parts of Europe you always wanted to see.
9. Going on a road trip.
10. Going on some expensive Caribbean cruise vacay to showcase how much money you earned from your stable job.
Seriously, shouldn’t we save some of the fun for other decades?